How Does SABA Help?
Scottish companies, opening offices in the USA face a number of unexpected hurdles. From the different company legal entities, to the side of the road we drive on, things are subtly ( and sometimes not so subtly ) different. SABA experts can answer a lot of the initial questions, and give guidance to our clients on how to best proceed.
- Services that are completely free and without commitment from our clients.
- Meeting with all the expertise you need over a SABA lunch.
- Knowledgeable experts in key disciplines
- Introductions to people who have successfully made the journey from Aberdeen to Houston
- Advisors who are vetted and approved by the SABA board
- Contacts with Scottish Development International, locally, and in Scotland
2016 OTC Social
Who are your experts and how can they help?
An Immigration Attorney
- For advice on immigration and visa issues
A Company Attorney
- For advice on the appropriate type of legal entity for your company
- For advice on the transfer of funds
- For guidance on the establishment of company and personal credit
A Real Estate Professional
- For insight into the cost of office / warehouse space
- To match areas to your for business type
A Payroll & HR Specialist
- To show the easiest way to employ and pay US staff
- To explain basic HR and labor laws
A Tax, Accounting and Bookkeeping Specialist
- To explain accounting legal requirements
- To explain Federal and State reporting
- To give bookkeeping systems advice
An Insurance Professional
- For advice on product liability
- For advice on business insurance
- To help make introductions
- To help show you the ropes